ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
Founded in 2017, WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain, the UK and now also...in Germany and France!
We are a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
Our Digital Product team, self-branded the Monkeys, is growing!
Curious? Scroll down this page to learn more about Digital Product (Design + Tech) at WeRoad and check out monkeys.weroad.it
And check out our Monkeys Team here ;)
We are looking for experienced DevOps Engineers to join our team and help us build a highly available, scalable and distributed infrastructure.
You’ll work closely with our development teams to help and support best practices for our services deployment and availability.
What you’ll do:
- Management and improvement of the WeRoad cloud infrastructure
- Implementation of the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines
- Ensure smooth operation of all the services, high availability and error recovery
- Contribute to the design and implementation of stack automation, monitoring, networking and security
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with at least one cloud platform, such as GCP
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Good Knowledge of Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Ability to create and manage CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab CI)
- Good knowledge of networking and GNU/Linux operating system
- Experience with tools like Git and scripting language (i.e. bash, python)
- Experience in working with production support teams on application deployments and upgrade issues
Bonus points for having:
- Knowledge of ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana
- Comfort with at least one modern programming language, such as Golang
- Experience with database administration (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, BigQuery)
- Experience with Helm and GKE
- Experience with service mesh like Istio, Jager
- Experience in managing clusters distributed in multiple worldwide regions
- Experience working remotely
What do we do at WeRoad?
At WeRoad Tech is not just “tech.” It’s a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, Full Stack Designers, Engineers, and Developers that together designs, executes and optimizes the WeRoad digital experience.
There's no such thing as an "ordinary" day at WeRoad. We are constantly sharing and testing new things and working on a lot of different projects, each with their own complexities. We build our solutions in-house, which means we offer a complex architecture and a variety of different tasks to work on.
We are big fans of working together as a team to figure out who will work on what, which means you’ll have more control over how you work.
WeRoad started in 2017 releasing what we used to call the “core platform”, a single project that covered every business process. To enable the business growth in terms of internationalization and scalability, in 2020 we launched a complete refactor switching to a services oriented architecture.
We are constantly evolving our in-house developed platforms and services:
- Tour operator platform. First released in 2020, it currently enables the core processes of our Product Team such as allotment, buying functionalities, contracting with worldwide suppliers. Still WIP to unleash its full potential.
- Public website and CMS. A well performing public website,, with a custom in-house developed content and layout management system, constantly evolved to fit all the Product and Marketing needs and stay ahead of the competitors.
- Bookings platform. Recently released in its early first version, it is a versatile and scalable platform to manage our current and future booking processes, including the sellable items management and the public end-user frontend
- Coordinator platform. First released in 2019, with the main scope of allowing our coordinators’ community management. Still WIP to enable international scalability and new core functionalities such as tour/coordinator matching and on-tour and post-tour processes management.
Besides our main platforms and services, we developed and integrated a bunch of other utility services and internal tools, that we constantly maintain and evolve, and occasionally increase with new ones if needed.
Technology we use:
We’re a fast growing startup, which means things move fast and change a lot around here. We choose technology based on our needs and to fit our goals
These are programming languages we currently have in production:
- Typescript & Nest.js (new core platform projects)
- PHP8 & Laravel
- Node.js (small or legacy projects)
- Nuxt.js and Vue.js with Server Side Rendering (for all our frontends and back office platforms)
- Tailwind.css & Buefy
- Python (for our Business Intelligence pipelines)
- Elixir & Go (experimental tooling)
We use PostgreSQL on all new projects, Redis for caching, and we have other projects running on MySQL and MongoDb
We are working on a service oriented architecture where integration & communication between our services is handled with RabbitMQ and our infrastructure runs on Docker containers in Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform.
Everything is configured through Terraform & Helm and automated through Gitlab CI, where we host all our code.
We’re a fast-growing startup, which means things move fast and change a lot around here. And on top of that, we like to experiment with many tools, platforms and new technologies. If you like testing new ideas, shipping new products, taking ownership of your work, and getting a lot of things done, you’ll fit in perfectly with our team.
We are OpenSource lovers <3
Our business is growing, here are some ideas we have for the future:
- Group matchmaking via machine learning
- Extensive A/B testing / real-time customization of our website
- A mobile app for our Coordinators
- Use of progressive web applications
- Ecommerce to upsell merchandising and partners’ items in our booking platform
- A referral program platform
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go abroad even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid, London, Paris and Berlin and you’ll have the chance to frequently tour around them to meet all our WeRoad people.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a work from home policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding at our HQ in Milan, our very own coworking space called "C30" which embodies our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, an area for relaxing, table football, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. we’re serious!).
- Opportunities to learn and grow your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay. Participate in the numerous meetups and events we host at C30 or online, to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a generous paternity and maternity leave policy and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Holiday. You are the master of your own time. We have an unlimited holiday policy and encourage each employee to be their own entrepreneur.
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
- Smart working. Remote and flexible working, and we support you to work from your destination of choice up to 1 month per year.
- Daily fresh free fruit, just grabbed from the trees, for those who come to the office :)
Ready to apply?
The selection process will consist of:
- Introductory call with P&C
- Technical and background-based interview with Hiring Manager
- Case Study + Second technical interview
- As for all our positions, the type of contract depends on your level of seniority
- Gross income from 35k € up to 55k €, based on experience
- 8€ Lunch tickets x day
- Budget for professional development (conferences, courses, meetups)
- Discounts and deals (ATM, Flixbus, Car2Go, CityScoot, etc.)
WeRoad is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic.
Statistically speaking, women are less likely to apply for roles where they don't fit the job description perfectly. DON'T TRY AND BE PERFECT but just go for it and send us your application regardless.