UK Community Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain...and now we are launching WeRoad UK.
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR UK: www.weroad.co.uk - Instagram WR UK: @weroad_en
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and launching in the UK. We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: WEROAD UK COMMUNITY MANAGER
WeRoad is, first and foremost, a community! That’s why we’re on the lookout for a Community Manager who will help us build the WeRoad brand and community in the UK market.
Your mission will be to manage and grow the WeRoad community, convincing potential travelers to experience a WeRoad tour, thus playing a key role in helping us reach our very first sales targets in the UK.
This role is for the dynamic and entrepreneurial, those who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and who love a challenge: you’ll be one of our very first hires in the UK and will help bootstrap WeRoad UK from the ground up!
What you’ll do:
- Manage and communicate with the WeRoad UK community through a variety of channels and replying to all inquiries and doubts
- Create a database of contacts and clients in order to keep track of potential WeRoaders
- Proactively convert leads in order to help us reach our sales targets
- Create “buzz” for WeRoad by promoting our tours, building our brand, and driving engagement within the community
- Interact enthusiastically with all members of the community, serving as the “face” and ”voice” of the WeRoad UK brand
- Assist in the organization of events designed to build and engage the UK community
- Create and manage pre-departure WhatsApp groups for confirmed WeRoaders
What we’re looking for:
- You are UK native, or speak the language at a mother-tongue level and have expert level knowledge of the British culture and ways of communicating
- You ideally have previous experience managing a community online and communicating directly with customers
- You are highly enthusiastic and energetic and transmit this energy into your online and written interactions
- You love having a target to reach and are self-motivated to achieve results
- You have expert-level knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- If you have experience in sales and/or customer care, it will be considered a plus
- You love traveling and are (or will fall) in love with WeRoad!
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go abroad even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid and London and your next home will be in our London offices in lively Huckletree Soho coworking space.
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding at our HQ in Milan, our very own coworking space called "C30" which embodies our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, an area for relaxing, table football, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. we’re serious!).
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a work from home policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Fun! We schedule regular team building events throughout the year, and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team, if you dare doing it, is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work for WeRoad?
- Why are you the perfect fit for the Community Manager position?
- What will be the biggest challenge of being the first WeRoad UK employee?
Send your video in English but feel free to speak all the languages you know - we'll speak them all. Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet you!