LATAM Sourcing & Contracting Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain...and now UK!
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR IT: www.weroad.it
Website WR ES: www.weroad.es
Website WR UK: www.weroad.co.uk
Global hub of our properties: www.weroad.io
Instagram WR IT: @weroad_it
Instagram WR ES: @weroad_es
Instagram WR UK: @weroad_en
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and launching in the UK. Our mission is to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: LATAM Sourcing and Contracting Manager
We're looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, and entrepreneurial Sourcing and Contracting Manager to join our Global Product team, which is responsible for designing and delivering unique, best-in-class travel experiences for our WeRoaders.
As Sourcing and Contracting Manager, you will be responsible for driving the strategy, growth, quality, positioning, and profitability of WeRoad's products in Latin America, in line with the Global Product's team overall strategy and targets.
This position will be based in Milan but will (naturally!) require frequent travel.
What you'll do:
- Develop, nurture, and grow a network of Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and local partners in Latin America - through visits, product immersion trips, and effective communication from HQ
- Negotiate and finalize favorable contracts with Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and local partners
- Analyze and optimize the profitability and quality of the destinations in your portfolio
- Organize the annual departure planning and pricing for each destination
- Continuously improve the products in your portfolio, based on feedback from WeRoaders and WeRoad Coordinators
- Deliver new product recommendations (destinations, itineraries) - leveraging market knowledge, industry/competitor research, and relationships with DMCs, local partners, and local tourism offices
- Give inputs about new products design and price (destinations, itineraries) that anticipate/meet the needs of WeRoaders while minimizing operational risk, thanks to the strong territorial knowledge
- Lead crisis management efforts for the destinations in your portfolio
- Cooperate with a team of Buyers and/or Travel Designers who are fully dedicated to your region
- Proof all product and marketing-related information to ensure products are accurately and appropriately positioned
- Ensure cross-team alignment of information, tools, and processes
What we're looking for:
- You are in love with travel and with our product at WeRoad
- You are available to travel up to 60% of your time
- You are passionate about the geographic region for which you are applying and have strong knowledge of the local language(s), culture(s), traditions, and trends
- You have excellent negotiation skills and knowledge of negotiation methods in the geographic region for which you are applying
- You have strong analytical skills and results orientation, strong action planning skills and ability to translate macro objectives into specific actions and key results planned throughout the year
- You have strong problem-solving skills and are comfortable in being the main point of contact for emergencies and/or crises (experience is a huge plus)
- You thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- You have proven experience managing a small team
- Proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese is a plus
- You are fluent in English