Senior People & Culture Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing, scale-up that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain...and now the UK!
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travellers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team, made up of nearly 70 people.
We are currently experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and have recently launched in the UK.
We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, while rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
WeRoad is part of OneDay Group, a business & community builder with a focus on new generations, with the ambitious vision to create and help the growth of companies capable of having a broad, lasting positive impact on the world putting the new generations at the center.
ABOUT THE ROLE: WEROAD SENIOR P&C MANAGER
We are currently seeking a Senior People & Culture Manager to join and support our rapidly-growing team internationally!
The Senior P&C Manager will help re-build and manage the P&C unit within WeRoad, with a solid reporting line to the WeRoad COO and a dotted one to the OneDay People & Culture Director, in order to define and implement the P&C strategy for WeRoad on an international level.
Why People & Culture?
We believe that if we will become a unicorn it will be for our culture and people-centric approach, and this is the reason why we decided to rename this function in this way.
In particular, the Senior People & Culture Manager will:
- Improve our P&C strategy designed to continuously improve the employee experience at WeRoad (including onboarding, team building, learning & development, internal communications, and listening) with the goal of boosting employee engagement
- Play a key role in our internationalization plans: building and onboarding our teams abroad and communicating our culture to international recruits
- Collaborate with the WeRoad leadership team and business owners to define organizational and hiring needs, while defining growth paths, KPIs, and goals for team members
- Serve as a Business Partner, coach, mentor, and advisor for our business owners on all things HR-related
- Manage our quarterly OKR setting process
- Manage and evolve our performance and compensation review process on an international level
- Manage P&C budgets and reports
- Manage the P&C team, consisting of an Admin & Recruiting Intern
- Support the recruiter and business owners as necessary in the hiring of strategic/key people
- Be the ambassador and voice of WeRoad culture between the Milan HQ and other countries
What we're looking for:
- A servant leader, willing to shape with us the WeRoad future and have an impact on building a Unicorn Company, always looking at the greater good
- International experience / experience managing in a cross-cultural context is a must: candidates without proven international track record won't be taken into consideration.
- Proficiency in English is a must, minimum knowledge of Italian is highly valuable
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to multitask, project management, and prioritize tasks with autonomy
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- 3/5 years of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Scaleup the admin processes at an international level, working with the ops team to set a fixed onboarding process for each team
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love traveling and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it too
- You prefer adventure to the daily grind and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
Get ready for the hiring process, this position is crucial for WeRoad success and so it will not be easy.
Here in WeRoad we want to go over your CVs and experiences, so you will have plenty of chances to express yourself and share with us how you want to have an impact on becoming a Unicorn.
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go abroad even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid and London and you’ll have the chance to frequently tour around them to meet all our WeRoad people.
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding at our HQ in Milan, our very own coworking space called "C30" which embodies our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, an area for relaxing, table football, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. we’re serious!).
- Opportunities to learn and grow your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay. Participate in the numerous meetups and events we host at C30 or online, to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a work from home policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of the WeRoad team if you dare to do it, is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work for WeRoad?
- Why are you the perfect fit for the Senior People & Culture Manager position?
- What will be the biggest challenge for a “Latin company” in becoming global?
Send your video in English but feel free to speak all the languages you know - we'll speak them all. Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet you!
As you might have spotted, there’s much more than a job in this position, and we want the match to be successful: that’s why we are investing time and effort in this selection process. Please, apply only if you feel confident in investing some time in the process, which will include:
- Sending us your resumé/cv and the video as specified above
- Face-to-face or video interview with WeRoad P&C Business Partner
- Preparation of a business case to test your lateral thinking
- One (or more) Interview(s) with WeRoad COO and co-founders
- Experience a OneDay in OneDay, that is a day in our headquarter to let you get in our culture and meet your future main stakeholders: WeRoad team leaders and OneDay People & Culture Director
Here’s the link to join us: https://my.hirehive.io/weroad/jobs/81726/senior-p-c-manager
We can’t wait to meet you!